8.08.2011

As it nears closer to our departure, I find myself in a frantic state trying to organize myself and sort out my responsibilities at work. I feel so overwhelmed, I have a list of people that I need to return calls to and a huge to do list staring at me from my kitchen counter. Although God has been very clear to me that this is His will for me through providing the financial support and encouragement over the past few months, I feel somewhat lost. I feel discouraged and wonder if ten days will make a difference, I wonder why I am so blessed and others are not. I realize God has a purpose and a plan for each of us, but I still feel undeserving of my fortunate circumstances. God has blessed me far beyond than I ever imagined and he has brought extraordinary people into my life to encourage my Christian walk. I want him to use me as He sees fit, not as I see fit.

This being my first mission trip, I was caught off guard by the spiritual warfare I’ve been experiencing over the past month and I’ve been allowing it to distract me and not be able to fully embrace God’s grace and love for us. Yesterday, one of our trip leaders said that spiritual warfare is strongest when we are doing what God wants us to do – which I find to be such an encouraging statement. I ask that as you are reading this blog, you take a few minutes to pray for our team, pray for God’s protection for us and for all of the distractions and emotional battles to fall away. Pray that we surrender to God and that we are consumed by Him and nothing else.

I have been so excited about this trip and opportunity, but I also know we will be back on the plane to the States before we know it – and I want for each of us on my team to fully experience God’s will for us and for Him to use each of to His purpose. I believe God has a greater purpose than for us than just going to Kenya, I believe he wants to change each of our lives.

In that day you will say:
“Give praise to the LORD, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done,
and proclaim that his name is exalted.
Sing to the LORD, for he has done glorious things;
let this be known to all the world.
Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion,
for great is the Holy One of Israel among you.”
Isaiah 12:4-6

1 comment:

  1. Love it Lynda!!! Can't wait to share this mission with you. Sending prayers up for you now. . . :)

    ReplyDelete